Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alayna

Finally, a portrait of my oldest daughter. The last picture I drew of her was over 22 years ago. Bad daddy!

I tried a different paper for the pencil work. Not very happy with it... I had less control and it made the image too blotchy. What I do like is the very directional swash of the paint and the addition of the typographic swash. I also tried to keep to a much more limited palette than with the previous portraits.

Now, off to work on some more marketing materials...

3 comments:

TV said...

Wonderful! I especially like the addition of the swirl to this style, a nice touch.

JStublarec said...

The colors you chose make for a very warm image. I'd like to see this matted and framed.

Andrew Springman said...

I agree with your own comments about it, plus I like the color in the face.